Friday, April 7, 2006

"This Is Who You Really Are"

Last time I alluded to the thought-waves...the ripples and tides of mind we mistake for ourselves, for a reality outside us...and I wrote of how mantra stills the waves and redirects the tides.

It feels like I've been surfing in a cyclone lately...though I
try not to resent my job and some of the worthies there employed, it's one of those times of the year when everything's got to be done yesterday and yet few are doing much, save me and Sophia, my brilliant, magickal friend and co-worker...so my attitude has been less than positive. It's a lot better than it was pre-M----, pre-Kali...a lot better. But I want it to be better still.

(I think that terribly selfish people like me, like Malcolm Little, like Margery Kempe are perfect for the spiritual path because we always want
more, we're willing to climb that long spiral stair because, dammit, this little sublime taste of Your infinite glory is all wonderful and everything, God, but it's not enough...)

I
swore I wasn't going to do this...come home from work from the kind of week I've had, and then plop down in front of the computer. I didn't want to see another computer ever again. (I was telling Sophia this today and she all but snorted...yeah, right, you'll be hittin' that silicon before sundown...and so I am...)...but...I will share this anecdote:

so the other day I'm readin' work email and allllll my other email (I have 5? 6?? email accounts), and I'm letting myself get into that overwhelmed, "why me?" kind of crap...the "they are doing bad things to me" victim thang
...but--this email from my guru's ashram shows up. And they've re-done their web site, it says, and there's now all these FAQs and videos and audios and la-de-dah, big whoop.

But--I feel all warm and fuzzy suddenly, and, even though I have no time, I click the link and the first thing that pops up is a picture of my guru, and...BAM!!! the waves of love and shakti tumble over and beneath my low-grade hominid fear, swirling me into absolute peace and surrender.

It's just a picture! I have this picture in my living room and in my office at work. And it's old--She doesn't even look like this anymore and never has as long as I've known Her. But...Her shakti flows from the picture like Niagara; my heart is wrenched open and I sit in pure wonder, loving Her, loving Her, lovingherlovingher...a storm of love whirling into my heart chakra...and I hear Her say:
this is who you really are, my child: a wave in the sea of divine consciousness... you feel it as love...it is even more than that...

...so I am not the beleaguered worker drone, am not the adrenaline addict, am not the perfidious (to myself) perfectionist; I am Her child...borne of Love...

3 comments:

  1. This made me grin. Love that synchronicity -- I call 'em "zaps". Had one last night in my own process that sent me into some giggling woo-woo.

    That "wanting more" -- the trick (and believe me, I am far from coming close to even beginning to get skilled in this stuff) is to bless the voids, because they are the can openers of the soul. I say this grumbling and cursing but with a smile on my face cuz ya just gotta laugh.

    Terribly selfish? Nah. Not when it's a sacred game. What fun is a quest when you don't go after more? Keeps one on the journey. It's just that the journey comes with the occasional Go To Jail, Do Not Pass GO card -- which is when I have to sit for a while and try not to stew in my juices....

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your response! you have given me a lot to think about...

    P-38s...electric can openers... :)
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete